Thursday, February 1, 2007

If God could be thrilled to death, He would have been today.

I've been reading a devotional book by Watchman Nee that my biodad got me for Christmas called A Table in the Wilderness during lunch time at work. And today's was about rejoicing in the Lord in everything which, as Nee pointed out,...this is hard to do considering all of the things that happen in life that we go through. So he went on to say that Paul gives the secret and that we are to take God's joy as ours (the joy of the Lord is our strength). And then he said something that I found really cool and really applicable (not that the other stuff wasn't, but you'll know what I mean..).. He says:

"His joy is yours. Learn to live by it above your troubles. When tempted to be cast down, look up and ask yourself, Has the Lord lost his joy today?"

It sounds like a remedy for the morning, it sounds like a remedy for self-pity, it sounds like goodness. Because you know that the Lord is joyful for a reason and that means despite what I can or can't see, there is something to be joyful about. And there is the strength.

And don't worry kiddies...I'll be posting some sketch stuff on here soon enough...as soon as I figure out how...

this post is brought to you by the font "Georgia".

No comments: