Monday, October 1, 2007

everything is orange, red and yellow

Well it's the first day of October, and officially fall now (I think). It is in my mind anyway. And since it's the beginning of my favorite season and the beginning of my favorite month, I felt like I needed to update.

I think that God had a smile on his face when he gave me a birthdate in my favorite time of the year. That's a cool, warm thought.

So Rock Hill this past weekend. After having been away for over a year now, I have come to see more now than ever what people mean to me, and just how special relationships are. You get a different perspective - a different view - when you're standing a ways back...it's like a bird's eye view and you can see a lot better how everything connects and intertwines, and the magnitude of things and how far they can reach.

I think I have a lot to say about that trip, but it's almost left better unsaid, 'cause I'd only muck it up if I tried. I'd rather just leave it to that front porch, with the sun and the shade, the slight breeze and the first hints of crisp autumn air.

No comments: