Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The place that I work may have a company picnic coming...

but I doubt that it'll have funtivities, coal walking and management parables.

It will however, have sumo suits. And I won't be there for it. The company's going to a Riverdogs game next Friday, (which is minor league baseball for those of you who are out of that particular loop). But I'll be down at the river in Beaufort with the fam for that weekend. Water skiing, catching crabs, that kind of stuff.

I've been watching some Man vs. Wild recently, so I should be good to go if I happen to get stranded out in the marsh somewhere. Cattails make for excellent fire materials.

I really don't think there's much to tell you that's cool or that you'd be interested in. Oh. Here's something - I was able to get my mom's old cell phone and activate that for the time being. So if you need me, call.

They had ice cream at work today. I had a Klondike bar, or as my grandad calls them, a polar bear bar. It kept getting in my mustachio. I don't think Crotts saw me when I was mustache-less. Probably for the best.

I've been having a lot of fun with the new JJ Abrams movie lately...I would give its title, but it doesn't really have one. But the trailer was attached to Transformers (and in my opinion, sort of trumped the movie in terms of excitement). Abrams is a genius at getting people excited about seeing something, whether it be the next episode of Lost or this movie. Maybe I need to watch some Alias to catch that, even though I know it ended poorly.

Anywho, I think that's it for now. Return back to your lives. You might find a short story on here next time you read it...I'm tempted to do so. Story is the first part of illustration a lot (if not most) of the time...

2 comments:

our weather here said...

I saw that movie preview! its pretty crazy huh? Glad to know that things are going pretty swell there Jake. If you ever decide to hit Nashville. You've got a couch/fouton to sleep on.

serenacorine said...

i cant believe you are about 20 minutes away and i never see you. i dont even know what thats about. i leave next friday though...we should get together before then. seriously. even if its just to have coffee and look at books at barnes and noble on rivers when you get off one night. i'll check my work schedule for next week and let you know. for real. dont think that i wont.

p.s. what movie trailer?