Friday, July 6, 2007

Now that I'm here, I don't know what to say.

My blog-posting life goes like this:

1) Something cool or interesting happens.
2) I want to tell somebody about it.. - ooh! journal!
3) By the time I finally get to the computer, my interest in writing it out has waned.
4) The long period of time since my last post extends even further.

Rinse, repeat.

But I digress. I am here.

So, factors in my life have rendered me almost completely communication-less. I jumped ship on myspace and facebook a week or two ago and on Wednesday, my phone got wet during a trip to the beach. The facebook and myspace bit has something to do with trying to slow down and simplify my life and thoughts. The phone bit...well, that's unfortunate.

One of my new favorite things: drinking out of styrofoam cups, with lots of ice and whatever's not filled up is where the drink goes. Any kind of ice will do, but sonic's ice remains the best.

I saw Transformers last night. As good of a job as they did with the special effects, it didn't really get me going. Some kinds of movies aren't what they used to be for me, and I'm thankful for that. Nowadays, I need a good story. Transformers didn't have that. Just robots, rockets and busted up buildings.

And with the need for story, I started to steer more towards the book market. I just finished up the first part of a trilogy retelling of Robin Hood by Stephen Lawhead and I bought the His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman as well as The Bridge to Terabithia by whoever wrote that.

My imagination needs rekindling. I think it went out for the most part a good while ago.

I was glad for July 4th to be in the middle of the week. It made the work week go by a ton faster. Two day weekend, two day work week, one day weekend, two day work week, two day weekend. That's a nice ratio. Even if I do endorse working 6 days a week...

I'll write again later. That's not a promise, so don't think I'm making one.

It's a threat. ...or something not like...a promise.

1 comment:

Carlee said...

His Dark Materials trilogy is A. Mazing. you will enjoy it.

simplifying is good.